Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
525 VWs & Audis! Pics from the huge S Fla GTG #12 (56k warn)

Well...another GTG in the bag, and again the records from our last one demolished! We were unable to count every single car with the volume coming in throughout the day, but our best count at the middle of the event was at least 525 cars. There may have been more...but we'll keep the official count there to make things easy! We also had a rough head count of 1,400 people at the event...alot of people came as family, friends, and guests, and a whole lot of non VW vehicles showed up to see what they are missing!

Thank you to all the vendors who made this possible, and especially thank you to the VW enthusiasts from near and far who make the event worth doing. We hope everyone had a good time, and look forward to planning GTG #13!

Here are lots and lots of my pics from the event. Enjoy!

Early full GTG shot from bridge:

Early GTG full shot from bridge with child walking:

Early full GTG shot from bridge:

GTG shot from the entrance:

GTG shot from entrance to left:

GTG shot from main road looking in:

GTG close-up from across lake:

right-side GTG close-up from across lake:

Full GTG shot from behind TTs:

Full GTG shot from behind Touareg:

Eurodreams lineup from front:

Full GTG shot from behind tent:

Early full GTG shot from east culdesac:

Line-up of some Audis at GTG:

Touareg and Audis at GTG:

Full GTG shot from behind truck and trailer:

Modified MkIVs and showgoers near D&N:

Older Audi sedan and rest of show:

Air-cooled line-up and GTG:

NE corner of GTG by JL Audio:

Unforgettable Sound and Performance:

CEC Wheels:

D&N Performance:

Forge Motorsport:

Forge Motorsport:

Edge Racing:

CEC Wheels:

APR:

Gunther VW:

JL Audio and VWFlix.xom:

Unforgettable Sound and Performance:

Gunther VW:

Gunther VW and the new R32s:

VWFixx.com:

LR Engineering:

APR:

Edge Racing and APR:

more...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crowd waiting for raffle calls:

GTG organizers putting on the raffle:

Ticket and Tshirt booth setting up:

Raffle in progress:

Food and T-shirt booth early in day:

Lunch in the big tent:

More people waiting for the raffle to start:

Big tent and food line wrapping around:

APRs chipping culdesac…and a cute girl:

Serving up the BBQ…and more cute girls:

Ticket and Tshirt booth later in the day:

Reactions to the raffle names picked:

Organizer Steve “I’m not manning the grills this time” Ingels, and our other volunteers:

Long food line, but plenty of chairs under the big tent this time!:

Listening to the raffle calls:

Staff calling out the raffle:

Jax Dubs at the GTG:

Durty Dubs, and Autobahn Touring next door, at the GTG:

SFLB5 at the GTG:

Gorgeous 21-window wagon at the GTG:

One of several Sciroccos:

Back of the 21-window:

Phaeton at the GTG:

RS4 Avant:

Durty Dub Jetta from Georgia:

Corrado all the way from Pennsylvania:

Karmann Ghia racer:

Clean looking air-cooled bug:

Slick looking old-school Caddy:

Beautiful Euro style Rabbit-based GTI:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I have been completely overwhelmed by the support and attendance of what started as a puny B5 GTG 3 years ago, with 3 of us in a parking lot taking pictures!

Anyway...this GTG occurred on Saturday at Markham Park in Broward County, Florida. The weather was a gorgeous 72 degrees and mostly sunny.

B5s came in force...about 17 from the SFLB5 caravan, and another 25 or so scattered throughout the show. My W8 was stuck behind the ticket and t-shirt booth being the supply vehicle and mobile vault...but it at least had the chance to be admired by everyone buying food/drink tickets!

We had lots of sponsors and vendors - including our two title sponsors, APR and Gunther Volkswagen. APR chipped over 45 cars on site, and Gunther brought a bevvy of R32s, a Touareg, Phaeton, and a few customized new VWs. Forge Motorsports and Edge Racing were our level 1 sponsors and set up there wares for sale, and other vendors included D&N, CEC Wheels, LN Engineering, VWFGixx.com, Velocity Factor, VWFlix.com, JL Audio, Unforgettable Sound and Performance, and more.

Great to see the air coolers come out in pretty good force this time, with everything from Bugs to Busses to Karmann Ghias!

We didn't run out of food this time either, with plenty of supplies for all 1,400 people (it took 2 vans to bring it all!), and a huge tent was rented for eating and shade.

WHEW! I slept for 10 hours last night...I was so burnt out from putting on this show! Glad to see that it went off better than planned, and everyone seems to have enjoyed it thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are all over the place...but I had about 10 minutes to take pictures and run back to organizing! I tried to take things that were different.

But I am hoping some of the SFLB5 guys post their pics. Two of them had some nice shots of all the B5s and 5.5s that were there.

At the moment, they're all probably too hung over to post! ;)

I saw one of them has posted over on vortex...so pics should be coming soon. If not, I'll link them over.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to hear you are back in the club, B5pr!

Too bad you couldn't make this one though...you go all the way back to GTG #2 !!!

I don't think either of the two other B5ers from GTG #1 are in the club anymore...never hear anything from them. So the guys from #2 would be the oldest originals still left! A few have other VW or Audi products but are still around...like my fellow organizer Mike (MMRR).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts