Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just missed it, i was spacing out when i passed and got really mad, but still had to take a picture

'99 1.8T!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I know what you mean, I was trying to take a picture with my phone when my mileage was at 66,666 but I didn't get it in time. :banghead:

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i dont see why ppl wish they had low mileage car. to me, i measure my car's life by the amount of miles its put on, not the number of years i've had it. so if i put on 100k miles in 3 yrs, even better... as long as i'm the original owner. i know i got my money's worth and my mods didn't go to waste! =P

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
I think the age says a lot more than the miles. Lots of cars under highway driving can last a LONG time...but a daily driver that goes short distances is a true workhorse if it holds up well.

(My '98 V6 hit 100k about 3-4 months ago, I'll post the cameraphone pic when I can find it!)

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
Ash, long time no see

I needed fuel and washer fluid when my big day came.

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Hey mycarsavw, what can I say? The people that pay my internet connection here (etc) have been demanding more of me lately ;)

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
As a guy who resets his Trip-O every fuel fillup, I just did a doubletake :D

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I think the age says a lot more than the miles. Lots of cars under highway driving can last a LONG time...but a daily driver that goes short distances is a true workhorse if it holds up well.

(My '98 V6 hit 100k about 3-4 months ago, I'll post the cameraphone pic when I can find it!)
i see your point, but in the end, the car covers distance, not time. if it could do both, even better... but distance is first and foremost important to me. as long as i get 150k out of my car, i'll be happy. currently at 40k in 2.5yrs of ownership.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts