Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

50-100hp Taking suggestions and advices please

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  1.8tbeout 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok I had a Thread started and I guess I didn't expess myself right so they closed me LOL... I have Passat GLS 2001.5 V6 2.8L FWD Manual anywayz is there any intake outhere that I could somehow fit into my car? I know that puting the exhaust will give me about 5-10hp and also chipping it would give another 10hp and if I could get some intake in the car and installing a turbonator will give me about 20hp so is there any other minor stuff that I can do to the engine to gain hp like cables and all that stuff? I mean i've heard of it on other cars and i've plaid games LOL and am pretty much a newbie when it comes to the tech stuff so please help peopleeee
Thank You!

Edit
ok I c most of the people aren't helpful at all... just making fun of the newb o well and I've been googling for many different things and it's verry little that I can find for my model especially the intake..I don't know which universal I could fit in my car and the ones that I did find like K&N dont actually give any HP................... and anyways I'm asking for help not your sarcastic jokes.... TNX to those who are trying to help me

Edit
I found a Upsolute chip that brings car up to 211HP (+18hp) and it's $300 ty Angelo
Found Evolution Motorsports Intake which will bring me to 220HP (+9Hp) and it's $270
And also Borla Exhaust which brings me to about 230HP (+10Hp) and it's $220 ty Swami

and I also found some splug wires and better spark plugs I don't know if that does anything to performance but they do look nice hehe

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow, is this a joke?

Do some reSEARCH man. Turbonator? You're kidding right?

My suggestion is to research first and find out whats available and what others experiences have been. Search, search, search. If you have specific questions about something that you can't find an answer to then you can try to post and see if anyone knows.

My suggestion for the order of your mods:

Chip
Exhaust
Intake if you really want it

#6 ·
First off, let try to be helpfull instead of bashing him. He is trying to learn. Giving some direction could be very helpfull. Maybe he does not know what to search for yet. Search is very broad.

First off you should start off by posting in the newbie section. Others like yourself will be helpfull from what they have found so far.

As far as Exhaust, do some searches on Techtonics Tuning, Jatex, Nuespeed, Brullen.

For Intakes try EVOMS, ABD. Turbonator is a waste of money and does not work. Do a search on that as well and you will find some post explaining why.

For a chip search GIAC, APR, WETT, Upsolute, Revo, etc. There are even posts with comparisons and people personal experiences on their year car. you will not see as much gains on a V6 as you do with the 1.8T.

If you have money, search for PES supercharger.

#8 ·
Good post Angelo. To clear it up, its Jetex - just to help with search terms, not breaking your balls.

Regarding chips - I wouldn't bother with a V6 chip - they're expensive for what you get - I'm not convinced they even really offer as much as 10bhp.

Turbonators are a complete waste of money - theres even evidence to show that they do exactly the opposite of what they claim.

I think if you are serious about 50-100bhp, you're going to need to look into a supercharger kit. They're expensive but really you could do a ton of other things that would cost you as much and still not get the same kind of gains.

And because I'm me and I'm required to make at least on smart ass remark per post - don't forget to add lots of those 5hp stickers.

#9 ·
You need a new screen name, too similar to cretin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.