Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to take a 99 v6 5 speed and put a 5 speed tiptronic transmission in it. I am in need of a 5 speed tranny but i can't find one but i found a 5 speed tiptronic transmission and maybe looking to put that in to the car to get the car back up and runing can it be done, will it take a lot of work and has it ever been done

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I believe it can be done, but requires ECU swap and interior modifications too.

But the amount of labor cost you'll be spending to convert your B5 from manual into a tiptronic will exceed what you'll spend on just getting a 5 speed manual at a higher cost.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
pm sent......the online market place is that place to be......that's the internet auction site that's unmentionable, if you know what I mean :poke: lol.....I just wanted to use the poke. :lol:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
2.8v6Passatgls said:
ok thanks for leting me know any one know of someone selling a 5 speed tranny for a 99 v6

Dan
Used parts search website has quoted a price range of approx $1100 to $2000 for a tiptronic transmission (assuming your transmission code is DRD as for most non-4mo V6s). URL PMed to you.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Are you wanting to make it an auto or a manual? From what I see it looks like your wanting to go from manual to auto....but WHY?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts