Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Zee German
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you know that the Passat is a workhorse in our family. They tell me "Fill the Panzer with stones" and I'm on my way ...
We live in a rural area near Hamburg and the only way to our house leads past a farm over a dirt track. Thus, lowering or buying nice rims - or even cleaning her regularly - wouldn't make any sense.
:(

But today was too much. Yesterday she was filled with plants and everything was dirty so I dedicated 5 hours today to clean her up. The Panzer has never been this clean. Unfortunately now you can see every little chip. With nearly 250,000 km the Passat has seen a lot of action on the Autobahn and the front is full of little chips.
We bought the Passat 4 years ago, Apr. '04. It's build 2000 and registered Jan. '01. Technically the car is 100% ok, we got the TÜV-seal for the next 2 years just yesterday and they said the car is technically better in shape than they thought.

Now after I cleaned her today, I know that this state of cleanliness won't last for long so I took her out for some shots and I found a nice place near the Autobahn A1 north of Hamburg. Since the paintwork suffered a lot in these 7 years, I didn't take close pics. ;)
Oh, and there are toll-stickers from Austria and Switzerland on the windshield ... :p

I know that most of you are obsessed and envious when it comes to the Autobahn, so I took pics with the A1 in the background :p :).

5 minutes of fame for my Panzer:

And some of the older pics for good measurement:

Thank you for paying attention to someone who loves his workhorse. :)

Oh, and for those that are upset because they expected to see a real Panzer ...
here is me in my other ride, but that's a thing of the past. :)

Greetings from Germany :salute:

edit: my 1st whoring ... ;)

edit: some photos deleted by me

edit, due to some arguments about the copyright:
"In the past, in some jurisdictions such as the USA, a work would enter the public domain with respect to copyright if it was released without a copyright notice. This was true prior to March 1, 1989 (according to the USA Copyright office), but is no longer the case. Any work (of certain, enumerated types) receives copyright as soon as it is fixed in a tangible medium." (source, source, what is copyright, Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created)

·
Zee German
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Yeah....." ?

"Yeah :thumbup:" or "Yeah :thumbdown:"?
;)

Thank you all. Yes, I love taking pictures and I want to improve my skills in car-photography. And I am constantly searching for background scenery. ;)

·
Zee German
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
170? That's 200 kmh. :cool:

I've build a "tripod" for this shot. Only had to push the release above my shoulder.

*flüster*
Pssst, es heißt "didn't take", 1x Vergangenheitsform reicht. ;)
Und "barely stock" wäre "kaum noch Original", also das Gegenteil. :)

Ich weiß aber, wie's gemeint war. Danke :) :salute:

·
The Rubberband Man
3,547 Posts
"Yeah....." ?

"Yeah :thumbup:" or "Yeah :thumbdown:"?
;)

Thank you all. Yes, I love taking pictures and I want to improve my skills in car-photography. And I am constantly searching for background scenery. ;)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: all the way!!!

Sorry for any confusion! ;)

uu8

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Ausgezeichnet!

As long as the Passat has earned its dents and dings being put to good use, then I applaud the effort. There's nothing wrong with using the variant to haul goods and people - that's what it's built for.

·
Zee German
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone :)

Ausgezeichnet!

As long as the Passat has earned its dents and dings being put to good use, then I applaud the effort. There's nothing wrong with using the variant to haul goods and people - that's what it's built for.
haha, I'm thinking about adding some pics of the chips and dents to show the ugly side of the workhorse ... :D
But you'd cry, take me my key away and give me orders to smash up a more ugly car. :(

haha :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thanks everyone :)

haha, I'm thinking about adding some pics of the chips and dents to show the ugly side of the workhorse ... :D
But you'd cry, take me my key away and give me orders to smash up a more ugly car. :(

Nice pics, I admire the workhorse. Take the pics of the bad things, I think everyone here appreciates the difference in someone who takes care of their car, and has wear and tear, and someone who doesn't take care of their car, and let's it go to hell.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts

Mein Herr ...

If I showed pictures of the front end of my car in its current state ...you and I would be riding the bus together for the rest of our lives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts