Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an unfortunate accident this afternoon and won't be repairing my 5.5 wagon. Front end damage. Anyone have advice on disposal. Sad day for me.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Take it to a junk yard now or if you have the time, put up an ad on CL for parts. Sell whatever you can for the next month or so then trailer the remains to the junkyard. The difference in price between the shell and the crashed car won't be much so anything you can sell first is money in your pocket. That assumes you have the time, tools, knowledge and space to part the car out first. Whether the effort is worth the money is up to you.

Sorry to hear about the accident.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am pulling some parts tonight, and the wrecker comes tomorrow for the rest. Sad, sad day. Starting my search for another one now. 120k, too young.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you seem okay, though. Cars are replaceable to a point, but people aren't.

What color is the interior? I'm on the hunt for a gray rear seat in decent or better shape. PM me if you have anything.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
... Cars are replaceable to a point ...
I am glad you added "to a point," because I cannot think of anything new or used that can adequately replace a B5/5.5 Passat wagon, which is simply the best-sized, best-configured, best-visiblity, most-versatile car ever offered for sale anywhere. I usually drive the B5 A4 sedan and my wife usually drives the Passat, but I drove it last night, and it is basically my A4, but with adequate rear seat legroom and cargo space -- absolute home run product. It is no wonder the Passat is the most popular wagon in Europe, and I am still royally pi$$ed that we can't get a Eurospec Passat wagon stateside.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I am glad you added "to a point," because I cannot think of anything new or used that can adequately replace a B5/5.5 Passat wagon, which is simply the best-sized, best-configured, best-visiblity, most-versatile car ever offered for sale anywhere. I usually drive the B5 A4 sedan and my wife usually drives the Passat, but I drove it last night, and it is basically my A4, but with adequate rear seat legroom and cargo space -- absolute home run product. It is no wonder the Passat is the most popular wagon in Europe, and I am still royally pi$$ed that we can't get a Eurospec Passat wagon stateside.
The newly redesigned A4 and A6 are both beautiful wagons. I would sooner buy a Skoda Superb wagon versus a Passat wagon. The Skoda even has a larger interior volume.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Newli32 the interior seems more black than gray to me, and it is already gone - the fabric was pretty loose on the rear bench

@ar393 both headlights are unusable, basically everything in front of the firewall was compromised. I am very fortunate not to have injuries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts