Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my new 2001.5 passat soon.
I have used the search engine but came with no satisfactory answer.
I would like to make my 2 exhaust visible but without changing any part on my car.
It is only no make the rear more attractive, i do not want a different sound. Only want to make the 2 exhaust visible under there.
Can anyone recommend something?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the whole point. But do they exist. Since the stock exhausts are pointing towards the floor, the chromed ones must have an S shape to make them point to the rear. If you know what i mean...

·
Registered
778 Posts
A muffler shop should be able to cut of the down pointing tips and then attach (or weld) the chrome tips to what's left. An exhause shop could also weld an S curve piece onto the downpointing OE tips and then mount the chrome ones straight.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Angled tips existing, so when bolted on (by bolts,obviously :lol: ) they will stick under bumper, horizontaly, i.e. paralel with ground.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Its not a big issue to do .. I had a muffler shop cut off the turndowns and weld on 2" ID x 4" stubs and I added tips that I made. Some nice SS are available on the market.

It required notching the rear valance but that was easy .. I just made a template and masked off the area .. transfered the template image to it and cut it out with a Dremel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.