Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I would love to get the spp pod, 265 is expensive.

42 draft designs doesnt make their pod for the passat, and has no plans to at least as of last april. Has anyone successfully adapted the 42 draft designs pod to the passat? The apillars are a different shape.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I have been talking with these guys and they are planning on making one for our passats. They just need to test an a pillar from our cars to make sure the trim is the same.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
lol. Or buy the Autometer pod and go find some upholstery...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here are the pics of it installed. All that was done to it was the plastic was trimmed to get it to sit flush. In the pic you can see it doesnt sit as low as it would on the golf but it goes well. In the pics my wires are hanging out. They normally dont but i just hard wired my radar detector tonioght and haven't stuffed them back in yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quick4, the fabric looks identical, how close of a match is it in person?

It is kind of hard to tell, but how is the viewing angle? Did you get the blue leds from 42draft designs, if so, were they a good match? How bright is the red needle at night? Its hard to tell from their photos.

Do you have any illuminated pictures?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have the perfect match leds from 42 and it matches nicely. The needle still has some orange to it but the illumination is not very even throught the gauge.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scats said:
I have the perfect match leds from 42 and it matches nicely. The needle still has some orange to it but the illumination is not very even throught the gauge.
Yes, I can see that from the photos, in some of them, it doesnt even look like the needle itself is lit, but the colour does seem to match well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
deeman911
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing