Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to do the maintanance.
What to do for 4 years and 37000KM.

Last time I had the 3years/48000Km package.
This time the dealer suggested me to do the 4years/64000km package which is about 500 canadian dollars. Is it a fair price?
Or if I want to do that in non-dealer like Midas or Mr.Lube, what exam or replacement shall I do?
After all, which is better? dealer or Mr.Lube?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
im looking at the book now and

every 2 years breakfluid should be flushed

and

at 60k miles ( do the km to m math) or 48 months

you got

fuel filter ( dyi)
timing belt tensioer ( expensive) ( 300 bucks dyi 600 shop)( hard)
cahnge the manual transacle lubericatn and differential lub( for all wheel)
o2 sensors
cooling system flush ( i dissagree with this one i think its suposed to be 100k miles)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
My dealer recently quoted me $350 (Canadian) for doing a tune up which only included plugs, air filter and fuel filter. I priced the plugs, fuel filter and cabin filter at the dealer (I was going to put in a K&N anyways, so I didn't bother pricing it at the dealer) which came to $213+tax. In the end, I bought the fuel filter from the dealer ($25) and plugs/K&N/cabin filter from the local Autovalue for $165 and did the work myself (it took me about an hour to do with most of that time spent trying to get the air filter out of the air box). Plugs are really expensive at the dealer - $32 each vs. $16 for the exact same plug at the local parts store.

Sorry, I can't comment on what you should do for maintenance at such low mileage (except to suggest that you buy a black w/black leather 5sp 4mo variant that you can sell to me in 3 years with the same low mileage :D ).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Petra Passat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing