Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been for any real length of time, anything that I shouldn't miss? I will arrive this coming Sunday and leaving Wednesday. I will be in meetings most of the day, and be limited to a taxi for getting around. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you like seafood S&D oyster co - great food, casual, low key atmosphere and some of the coldest beer I have ever had. Have dinner there at least one night :wink:

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
West End is good. Go to Dick's Last Resort to eat if you've never been to one. Lot of fun and they are in the West End.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I second the Sixth floor museum. Pretty spooky.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
scottvw said:
I second the Sixth floor museum. Pretty spooky.
I never go to the museum, but I spend half an hour or so walking around Dealey.

It is so weird to be there.

It always feels so tiny to me.

·
Registered
25,993 Posts
Reunion Tower for a view of the city. The rest depends on what you are into. Plenty of party scenes; McKinney,West End,Deep Ellum (some good bands there).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Sharky said:
It always feels so tiny to me.
Yeah, it looks bigger on TV. It's surreal to see it in person after seeing so many programs about it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
As a native of DFW, I'd recommend you spend a day or two in Dallas and then go explore FT. Worth.

Sundance Square is a must-visit for food and atmosphere. Start with a beer at The Flying Saucer and then go have dinner at Del Friscos. Before or after you can squeeze in a show at Bass Hall.

If you want to have a TON of fun day and night, skip DFW and go visit Austin! Now THAT is a fun town!

My 2 cents...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
12 Participants
MOxie
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing