Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some 3D-modelling in 3DS MAX...

Keep in mind that I am not finished yet.

Anyone know how I can make the headlights look more real?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
what is that model in

i know it would take alot more programing skill than anyone at vw is willing to put into it

and home pc's arnent really that powerfull to do it

but i would like to see a 3d model with all the parts so you could like explore the car in 3d

like you could see how the exauste hooks up with out having to get down and dirty

sort of a mechanices flight sim if you will

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nice job, I have no idea how to do that, but it looks complicated and time-consuming. Pretty cool though :thumbup:

crash, that would take a heck of a long time to program, and a much more powerful computer than any of us have.....but if you only loaded certain parts at a time, it might be manageable on a home PC. But I'm sure they have designs for all the parts SOMEWHERE on a CAD computer or something.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
man i would love to get a hold of that

i dont know if you want to throw the money into a dual amd 64bit cpu system but i think you could do like you said and look at it section by section

i read somewhere that they had a supercomputer that could simulate every part of a 747 as it was running to check for flaws

mabey it will be part of the bently cd in the next few ( 10) years
the only probably i can see is that in places like china car contuerfiting is becomeing very common and china's goverment doesnt seem to care ( seeings how it is the 1st or 2nd largest growing market most companies dont want to get thrown out by bitching to much)
but some one could just take the cd and cnc them selfs a brand new 2014 passat or patheon etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts