Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Akhristov? Hey, that guy owes me money!
1,029 Posts
Check the heated nozzle system... that's the most info I can give you right now since my car is a B5, not a B5.5.

·
Self inflicted facepalm
1,445 Posts
OOo! Oooo! I know.

It clamps on the drivers side of the hood arm [for lack of what else to call it]. There is a group of wires running up the hood. It just clamps over the wiring just below where the first bunch is tied up. I just happened to knock it off two days ago and recognized the piece. Fiddle with it and it will make sense how it goes back on.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOo! Oooo! I know.

It clamps on the drivers side of the hood arm [for lack of what else to call it]. There is a group of wires running up the hood. It just clamps over the wiring just below where the first bunch is tied up. I just happened to knock it off two days ago and recognized the piece. Fiddle with it and it will make sense how it goes back on.
Ok, ok... you got me completly confused now. Can you please make a picture of how you fitted it back? Please :salute:

·
Self inflicted facepalm
1,445 Posts
Can't do a picture right now, maybe tonight.

But I'll try the verbage one more time. It goes on the hinge, drivers side. One side of your part has a cut out, it goes faces inward (center of the car) and down when attached and provides space for the wiring. It goes on the lower part of the hinge. You see discover where it goes. The hinge narrows and twists a little towards the bottom. It just clips on the hinge, no where obvious it's a pressure fit that grabs the outside of the hinge. To far up the hinge it gets too wide, so just keep fiddling with it. If it seems to go on but doesn't stay, it's probably worn out. Probably why it was floating around the engine bay. It wouldn't hurt if you didn't even put it back on. It's not critical.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I hate this thing. Mine's been falling off when drying under the hood after a wash for the past year now. I've contemplated just leaving it off the next time I knock it off, but I'm too OCD about some things. I just keep putting it back on and dealing with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts