Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the parts (only) price for my right rear door power lock module from 2 local dealers... $350 and up!!?? Can this be right or am I getting raped again.

Any suggestion on how/where to get one cheaper???

Thanks,

·
Registered
662 Posts
I bought part #7 ^^^ at my dealer for around $150. It doesn't sound like they are talking about the same part as you. Did you get the part # off of your old one and have them quote against the part #?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
https://www.1stvwparts.com/partscat.html is showing the list price at $149. Selling price is $109. Check the collision catalog for your vehicle. Rear Door/Lock and Hardware/Lock. should be item 7 in the picture

Thanks for the help. We are talking the same part # 7. $350 from Patrick VW in Auburn Mass and Colonial VW in Westboro... both know for being dishonest sob's but the only game in town.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I bought a lock control module from 1stvwparts for my son's MkIV Golf. I think it might even be the same part number. Paid about $125 because of tax and shipping. 1stvwparts.com is only about 40 miles from my front door. They're a regular VW dealer (Auburn VW) and a pretty good source of new OEM parts and accessories. Give them a call

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help, I orderd the part today.

Hope that is all it will take... I'm am wondering if this might have anything to do with the intermitent problems I've been haveing with the speaker and window control on the same door???

·
Registered
406 Posts
Funny, the dealer at 1st VW thought that it might be the DLM?

While the speakers and window contols share the same wiring harness they plug into different connectors. None of the control signals that go to the window controls and speakers go to the DLM. There's a removable kick panel on the driver's side. If you remove that you should find three connectors, One for doorlock, another for the power power windows and speakers, thirdone for mirrors. Check those connections. The fact the you are having problems with both windows and speakers seem to suggest that connector 3 is loose

·
Registered
225 Posts
thanks for the help, I orderd the part today.

Hope that is all it will take... I'm am wondering if this might have anything to do with the intermitent problems I've been haveing with the speaker and window control on the same door???
Before you start ripping the do0or apart & replacing stuff, have you checked the condition of the wiring under the rubber boot near the door hinges? One of my rear speakers stopped wrking & it turned out to be a chafed/broken wire at that point.

I.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Before you start ripping the do0or apart & replacing stuff, have you checked the condition of the wiring under the rubber boot near the door hinges? One of my rear speakers stopped wrking & it turned out to be a chafed/broken wire at that point.

I.
To expand on that, a couple of times over the last month the interior lights on my car have gone mental while the car was locked causing the alarm to make the indicators flash.

Went completely mental last night & I had to disconnect the battery to stop it.

I've just finished taping up practically every wire that goes into both my rear doors. The outer casing on almost all of them was split & several were definitly candiates for shorting out against each other.

Reconnected the battery & all is fine.

Neither of my rear doors has ever been damaged or worked on - I've had the car (98 B5) from new - so another VW design/manufacturing defect.

If you see weird things happening with interior lights etc then before you go ripping doors apart or replacing the CCM, check these wires first , indeed might be wise to check 'em anyway.

I.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts