Steve, please do! *dool* *slobber*....
The oil pan is cool but the girdle on the main journals were giving me fits initially. The crank "oil scraper" caused me to eventually remove the rear half of the scraper and I bent the rest down so it was basically flush with the pan. But then I realized I couldn't get the other side (oil pump side) to align properly due to the girdle being about 1/8" too wide due to getting around the oil pump. But my handy little grinder did the job and quite quickly I might add. ALL but 2 holes align properly so I'm guessing I need to elongate them by 1/16" and I'll be set.
I did pretty good to keep the over spray out of the internals. Even if some did make it, it's negligible. I just wanted to get it taken care of. One thing that I did get out of grinding the girdle: I determined the approx. torque that was applied to the journals. Wrote them down but basically they're all between 85-90 ft-lbs (like our lug nuts). And it was all consistent; the builder did a good job, whoever he was.
Journal's been updated for this month: http://home.comcast.net/~289fia_cobra/apr2004.htm