Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 3000k HIDs in my projectors for about a month, and after my third time getting pulled over, I'm switching back to the other 6000k's.

They were for visibility in snow really, and for a fun look. But last night was the final straw for getting police attention. I never got a ticket for them, and the cop last night even looked up to see if they were legal or not, and said he didn't know. But sooner or later, some cop will ticket me, I just have a feeling. And with Tints and a Europlate on the front (in NY), I'm running the risk enough as is!

So this is my review of the 3000k's. Fun, possibly practical, but not worth the hassle. For 30 bucks tho, I'm not too upset :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
But in norway, sweden and finland they are allowed ;*) You have to have eighter white or yellow light ! Thats the rule ower here ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I had Fogs, Steve :(

Im keeping them till I have a chance to use them for fogs, if I do the conversion for my car, or the next one.

8000k in the spring for headlights however :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
But in Norway, Sweden and Finland they are allowed.
You have to have either white or yellow light !
Thats the rule ower here ;)
NO !
In Sweden the only H.I.D-light that is allowed from Factory OEM as driving lights is the 4300K
All others are not CE-approved and therefore not allowed in any form.

...On older cars that not have H.I.D lighting system as OEM it is however allowed
to use yellow bulbs both as driving ligts and fog lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts