Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not!

So I stop by the neighborhood VW dealer and check out the R32. The salesman was like fly on shit with me and as I was opening the engine compartment, he tells me: "has 240 hp but a chip to bump it to 300 hp is available from VW". I look at him :suspicio: as I say oh yeah and he again repeated himself. Then I look at the HL and he says it has the super bright HID and this time I said, I don't think so. :crazy: I told him that I am not in the market for one, he then left me alone as I perused the 6.0 W12 Phaeton.

What is wrong with these sales people? OTOH, a 300 hp R32 would be nice. :wink:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
it's the stupidity bug and i hear it's quite contageous.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
car saleman that are smart are like cops with good jugement, they are as rare as hens teeth :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I was looking for a used B5.5 for my friend (he liked my B5 so much he wants one now) and I was looking for a 5-speed, and they didn't have any in stock..following that the salesperson told me they dont import manual Passats into this country :roll: ...I walked him over to my manual B5... :p

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I went looking at R32's the other day. One salesman told me it had a v8, the other said it only had 220hp :???: . I just dont get it.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
chucchinchilla said:
I was looking for a used B5.5 for my friend (he liked my B5 so much he wants one now) and I was looking for a 5-speed, and they didn't have any in stock..following that the salesperson told me they dont import manual Passats into this country :roll: ...I walked him over to my manual B5... :p
:suspicio: what's wrong with him?

but, of course, my salesman told me that the 2000 B5 had 170 HP.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
haha, when i first looked at a passat the salesman was like "yea i think it has about 270-280 hp, because of the four wheel drive"...anyway i knew otherwise and told him, bet him $20 that it didnt have that kind of hp, so when we go back inside and he looked it up, i made twenty bones :lol:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
These people sell these cars for a living, how in the hell can they possibly know so little about them????

damn where is the hammer icon?
i miss it..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

-Nick

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
buildingctsamg said:
I went to a vw salesman with my gfriend and he looked at me stupidly when i asked to see a passat variant, he had never heard the term.
LOL :lol:
Thats great, when i went to go get mine my dad was doing the test drive and i was showing him all the random stuff, like the little rear view sun-visor and as soon as i showed my dad that the salesman in the back was like, "I didnt even know that was there"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
luvmyb5 said:
TAckhouse1 said:
These people sell these cars for a living, how in the hell can they possibly know so little about them????

-Nick
whatever you gotta do to make the sale is their motto.
True. They get away with this because it's like the blind leading the blind...most car buyers don't know shit. :crazy:
That said, my very close friend Andrea whom I've known for 15 years sells Nissans with her beauty alone and some sales strategy. She knows about cars like I know about outfits on Oscar's night. :roll:

We (as CB5) just don't get duped because we "know stuff". ;)

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
Salesmen and women like this is the main reason why VW sales are down. They dont know enough about the product they are selling to push the cars off the lots anymore. :thumbdow:
Yeah, but NO salespeople from ANY brand of dealer know shit. The cars themselves and their reputation are what sells--to most people. VW's service reputation sucks, which is why *I* think their sales are sucking as well.

...not to mention that a lot of current Japanese cars are blatantly and shamelessly copied from European designs.... Ever see the commercial for the (then) New Honda Accord? (The current one).....The commercial said....

"The New Honda Accord V-6. 240 hp V6, European styling...." Can't get any more blatant and shameless than that! :roll:

Euro design + Japanese reliability and low price = Sale

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
You know....it all comes down to buyers knowledge and research.

The fact is that most buyers dont know shit about cars....thats where all the BS comes from. Sales people BS these people...and then it becomes like...reality to them :roll: and then they bring it on others....

But to be honest....in the commercial....they can say that the new Accord has 1000hp.....with a 1.5L engine.....and lie.....and people will still get it.

Its the people....consumers...so many people are just soooooooo brainless. This is the kind of thing that this economy thrives on :wink:

There is no laws protecting a customer from BS from a seller.....or amount of money they can make. I really dont like that fact....cause older people....women...and young kids are really taken advantage of.

Basically, if you want to sell something....and you have someone stupid enough to pay any amount.....its ok. To me thats just wrong. There should be laws protecting us customers...and the truth is...there is none.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 22 Posts