Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I bought my car 3 years ago, I bought it out of desperation, as I needed a new car and Toyota's and Hyundai's were never of my liking.

The car has brought me great nightmares, and cleaned my wallet out a few times now, but after 3 years, It is finally what I always wanted.

The day I bought it:

When I dipped the wheels:

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/553839_10151145636905779_642592820_n.jpg

And finally, how I always wanted it look:

With Audi A3 2010 S-Line 17' Wheels. 20mm Spacers front and rear.

Not many Mods, but what comes to mind:
GIAC Software
Magnaflow Performance Exhaust
2.5' Downpipe
N75 "J" Version

I recently got my cloth seated retouched with leather as well.

:D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is it getting parts in Costa Rica?
Well, there is only 3 known places that sell parts.

1. The Dealership, they have good prices on some things, but rather expensive on other things. For example, the radio bezel on the original radio costs more than what a front grille costs :crazy:

The other two sell aftermarket parts, they have good parts from time to time, but they mainly sell Meyle, and some brand they claim is from Europe Topran Brand.

I mostly import from the US however, it has to be something urgent to get it here. I have an address in Miami which forwards the packages and gets them out of customs in 2 days. However, customs are expensive (The wheels were tagged with 49% customs tax). But most of the time it's cheaper than getting it locally.

The wheels costs: 300 for the wheels (+115 shipping with us)+ $185 from MIA to Costa Rica + $130 import tax.

Still quite cheaper than the reps they sell her, a reps of these are priced at 900,000 Colones, at the local shop, without tires, that's about $1800.

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Damn, sounds like you get quite shafted at your local shops down there. Makes more since to just import it from the states yourself with that forwarding address, customs is always a pain though.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW,

You notice on the last pic, the black trim on the bottom is gray? That's cement, any idea of how to take it off safely?

I tried thinner, but I feel it might be too strong for where it actually hit the paint.

·
Registered
2001.5 B5.5 1.8T stick
5,606 Posts
haha I see my shifter in there ;) car looks great, love the color and the wheels look great wonder how they will survive the Costa Rican roads... Last time I was there they weren't in the best shape :lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha I see my shifter in there ;) car looks great, love the color and the wheels look great wonder how they will survive the Costa Rican roads... Last time I was there they weren't in the best shape :lol:
haha! Yeah, I am very proud of it, everyone that checks my car on the inside asks where I got it from :whistle::whistle:

They have done good so far, no real issues, I haven't honestly hit any big holes yet. As the radio stations say, it's faster to memorize where they are at, than waiting for the goverment to fix them.

Thanks all for the comments!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts