Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I traded in my Contour SVT, I took this stuff out and just decided I'm not going to worry about putting it in my Passat (Although, I'm sure I'll regret it later)

MTX Thunder 6152 amp (325 watt @ 2 ohms, IIRC) and 3 MTX 10's in a box. Doesn't seem like it'd be enough power, but they are 8 ohm subs hooked in a series, which drops it from 8 to 4 to 2 ohms. So 325 is more than enough. I never turned the amp up over halfway in the trunk of the Contour. Everything is in beautiful shape, not a scratch on anything.

Would prefer to sell local to avoid shipping, I live in Dallas, TX.
Sorry the pictures are so friggin big

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
If they're all hooked up in series, you have a 24 ohm impedence, which probably means you had about 30-40 watts running to them. Maybe that's why they weren't that loud. If you hooked them all up in parallel, it would be 2.66 ohms.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parallel is what I meant, whatever decreases the ohms. The guy that hooked it all up explained it to me and I retained a little of it.

I never said they weren't that loud...they were really loud, that's why I only turned the amp up halfway, cause it's more than enough power.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some better pictures....I've to to sell these before I can begin my home theatre project, per my fiancee. $400 for everything.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I'll sell you my 40 amp 12v power supply so you can run the subs in your home... :shock:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have someone interested in the subs/box, so I'd sell the amp seperately for $150, assuming the other deal works out on the subs/box. I would be willing to ship JUST the amp to someone that's not local.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts