Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this like 10 football seconds == 30 real minutes?

I ordered a new video card for my computer from someone, he sent it 2nd day air UPS on thursday. I got the tracking number and checked the site, it says "on time" and delivery day of tuesday. The package actually started its little journey on Friday. lets seeeeeee, that's 1..2... (counting on fingers)... 5 days. hmmm.

Another thing: It shipped from AZ, went to KY and is now on its way to CO. I think next time I'm gonna insist on ground, I think its faster... :D

Just a little rant to brighten everyone's Monday afternoon. :lol:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
No kidding. I ordered some new light bulbs for my car on Thursday and they got here Monday. 2 business day air. Still not too bad from the east coast.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I never 2nd day ship as the weekend approaches because it always winds up being 5 to 6 days.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
then there's ground shipping that can beat 2nd day to close locations, even next day saver. But its not guarenteed. :nervous:

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
FORIAMBILL said:
then there's ground shipping that can beat 2nd day to close locations, even next day saver.
Yup. Whenever I order something from B&H (it's in NYC and I can physically go to their store, but if I buy something I have to pay taxes), I have it delivered to my house via ground shipping. I usually get it the next day.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I sent my corporate tax payment via USPS expressmail on thursday, it was supposed to get there on friday, but the postal service has no record of it since it left San Jose.

It was $1200 cashier's check, and it's due tomorrow! :nervous:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I would think 2nd Day with a Thursday shipment would mean a Monday Delivery :crazy: . When we ship 2nd Day Air it is delivered on the 2nd business day.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
That 2nd day air also takes into consideration the time it is sent out. Usually, depending on your hub, it is sometime am or pm. (My UPS is 10 am, yet fedEx is 3 pm, for my area - going to the same zip, no less!).
If I don't ship next day, I just let it go ground.....
FYI, you can also request a hold at location, so they hold it at your local UPS/FedEx distribution center. I did that when I ordered speakers ... They said it would be in Lakewood on Friday (dist cntr), delivered to me Monday. So I picked them up on Friday - and had them for the weekend.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
BooRadley said:
I sent my corporate tax payment via USPS expressmail on thursday, it was supposed to get there on friday, but the postal service has no record of it since it left San Jose.

It was $1200 cashier's check, and it's due tomorrow! :nervous:
I wouldn't be worried about that. As long as it is postmarked before the due date your OK.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
i just got a call from a lady who asked me for '' proof of delivery'

for a package we shipped out. so i tracked the package...it said it was delivered and signed for on march 19th....

the problem is that it was signed for by a someone named ''walker''....
and nobody named walker works for her company :nervous:

good thing we insured it :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing