Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please recommend a 288mm discs and pads set up, i was thinking of some from G&S they do some brembos not drilled though, i want something firm so that when you hit the pedal you get an instant response not 3 days later like i am at the moment :x ....also been told theres play in o/s/f REAR suspension arm is it best to go to stealers and how many arms are their on each side and is it worth replacing all of them :? cars knocking like mad at the moment :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dealers are charging £97 inc vat for the o/s/f lower rear arm this is the most expensive one iv bin told) german swedish are charging £50 and the guy said he has had no problems with them,so shall i just go for the cheaper option, he also said that VW have had problems with their oem arms and that he has never had any of the ones she has sold returned. :? ANY SUGGESTIONS

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ive had problems with ones from GSF, yes ok the dealer has too, but they sell many more than GSF originally, and do not quibble when you take it back for warranty after it could have nearly killed you.

I posted some pics of what happened to mine somewhere.

You can get the whole front kit on ebay for about 220, but who knows the quality.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Last time i HAD to go to the dealers, the gsf van turned up dropping parts off, made me think......................................

·
Registered
434 Posts
Get brembo's, they're the same price as Zimmermans. All brembo vented discs for VW / AUDI are designated 'high carbon' (like OEM discs) to avoid pad deposits that feel like warped discs (it's incredibly hard to warp a disc)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Knocking Noise

Hi Chaps,

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but i've also had a knocking noise from the NSF of the car for the past several months driving over minor bumps, at first i thought this might be serious and took it to a number of garages for diagnosis - they couldn't find a thing. i thought it might have been suspension or something like that but they said the suspension & shocks are pucka.

However, i wasn't that far off, got the car serviced yesterday and the reliable mechanic advised the 2 lower suspension arms are wearing out - not an MOT failure or immediate safety issue, but i should consider getting it done sooner rather than later - car has done 108K - V reg 2000 1.9 TDi.

He quoted £90 per arm and £50 fitting.

Is this a good quote? Reading other threads, guys have quoted £50 per arm...

Any help appeciated chaps

Ta
DJ

·
Registered
370 Posts
i have 312 vented b5.5 brembos and green stuff pads and i have no complaints, got em from gsf, also got my complete suspension arms from gsf and all are spot on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts