Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install Neuspeed rear anti-sway bar on 03 wagon 1.8T family cruiser. No other suspension mods. I like the easy ride - just want it flatter in the turns. What do you recommend - 25mm or 28mm bar? I had heard that the 28mm is best matched when car has front sway bar. It appears, however, that it'd cost me more to buy the 25mm bar. GPR offers the Neuspeed 28mm bar for $262, while they don't show availability for 25mm bar. Through Neuspeed, it's $310 for 25mm and $320 for 28mm. Thanks bunch for your help, wrenfisher.

·
Registered
761 Posts
wrenfisher said:
No other suspension mods. I like the easy ride - just want it flatter in the turns.
i would think about getting some stiffer suspension before the bar...as its still going to roll like a boat in turns even with the bar. perhaps even more so because the back end wont be able to flex like it wants to :???:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I asked this question a while back. -> http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68838&highlight=stock+sway+bar

With stock suspension, I would say that it's made a huge difference....I would venture to say you would notice the affects of the bar less with an upgraded suspension. You don't need a front sway, and as far as the 25mm or 28mm, go with the 28mm since you it's adjustable and can always put it on the lightest settings, ...I have my 28mm set at the middle setting in terms of stiffness, and I want to set it even stiffer. I've had it on for a couple of weeks now and I really like it and highly recommend it. No problems with stock suspension.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
I have the 28mm bar on the stiffest setting and would like more. It is a great mod.
I want the 3 wheel cornereing of my old (stock) golf. A little drop throttle oversteer can be fun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agree with Joker and PZ. I used the middle setting on the 28 mm bar on my stock 99 wagon...I'm going to switch it to the siffest setting. I just want more. :D
I know I should have probably upgraded springs and shocks first to get a more complete suspension solution but this was the cheapest, quickest fix .

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought 25mm and run it on stiffest setting. Either bar is going to increase unsprung weight....28mm slightly more.
Great first mod.
You won't regret it and no drilling!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
x
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing