Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Aurora Red Metallic will look awesome. I am partial to the Racing Green Metallic. I had a 92 Bonneville in a similar forest green color which me and the wife loved. It would be cool to have a limited edition in any color, but if this will be the same mechanically as a 2021 then I don't think its worth the premium. 2022 starts at nearly $31k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure it's as "collectable" as the 2018 Passat GT. Only made 3850 of them, but added a few sporty items to make them mechanically unique. The 2022s look rather normal and for a premium price tag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This makes me very sad. I love my Passat and will be sad to see them go. I doubt I will ever find a car as good as my 2012 2.5 liter again. It's at 247k miles and has been a dream of a car since I drove it off the showroom floor.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I already see “ordinary” 2022 Passats (SE, R-Lines) incoming to my local dealerships, I conclude that, in addition to the 1973 Special Editions, many more regular 2022 Passats will be available. Who knows how they will mete out the Special Editions; usually the most highly-regarded dealerships get the best cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts