Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok found that my 2020 is from the factory with the "wink" feature meaing that when I turn on a directional that DRL goes dark till I shut the directional OFF.

Is there a way to say at NIGHT... to get so the whole headlight goes dark while the Turn signal is on like in many newer cars? Is that able to be done even?? Have not gotten my VCDS interfact yet so wondering ahead of time...as i followed my wife home and she did admit the turn signal was semi harder to see with headlight once dark that in was when we first started driving with headlights not on yet and only DRL's..

Thanks for any advise.

Took my car back to dealer for addition of the mud flaps backordered when I first bought and asked to have the window close and open feature with remote turned on as it was in the manual but didnt do it..and said the dealers cannot turn it on as its a safety hazard with the US models?! Thats funny. Sounds like VW in with Cuomo and trying to save us from ourselves..no auto windows or BIG cups in NY. LOL

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,217 Posts
All headlights (main, not DRL) must be lit 100% of the time when turned on. You cannot have one side turn off with the turn signal on, if that is what you are wanting. I have never seen a whole headlight turn off when a turn signal was on, just the DRL wink.

VCDS should be able to enable all those available features if the modules in the car support it. OBDeleven and Carista can.

Reactions: 2wheelgnnr

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for that information. awaiting my vcds tool...cant waint used lite for my old audi a4. I thought I saw headlights do it but makes sense....safety concerns......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts