Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought My new 2020 Passat had remote start. When I hit the button on the key fob, nothing happens
Am I wrong on the remote start?

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,228 Posts
I thought My new 2020 Passat had remote start. When I hit the button on the key fob, nothing happens
It’s a 2020, have you tried calling the dealer or looking over your window sticker, or owners manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
It depends. I have SEL trim and I have this feature. My car's key has 4 buttons hit lock button 1 time and as quick as possible the left button 2 times (check attatched picture).
For more info check your owner's manual.
Hope that help you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Passat R-Line and had a problem with the remote start. VW has a software fix for this. See your dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2019 Passat R-Line and had a problem with the remote start. VW has a software fix for this. See your dealer.
True remote start I seen is only standard with the SE Line and up.... S does not have standard, SE and R line does.

Ive also found that they sometimes call the remote start feature as the push button to start feature......but thats what Ive learned iin my research...YMMV.....

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,228 Posts
True remote start I seen is only standard with the SE Line and up.... S does not have standard, SE and R line does.

I've also found that they sometimes call the remote start feature as the push button to start feature......but thats what Ive learned iin my research...YMMV.....
Push button start is different There is a button on the console to start the car. Used with the proximity keyfob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts