Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Volkswagen‘s new flagship will go on sale starting in the third quarter of 2018.

Originally introduced at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, Volkswagen confirmed earlier this year in Detroit that the Arteon would head to the U.S. with a Chicago Auto Show debut. That unveiling how now taken place, with the Arteon powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 268 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. The powerplant is paired to a standard eight-speed automatic transmission, while 4Motion all-wheel drive is available as an option.

The stylish sedan rides on Volkswagen’s MQB architecture and boasts a wide, planted stance with short overhangs and a coupe-like design. It will come standard with 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, full LED headlights, Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, and DCC adaptive damping.
Read more about the 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Finally Makes its US Debut at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I must admit, I like the aggressive look of this car. It replaces the CC sedan - does it have more headroom than the CC does? Is it easier to get into & out of?
I had a CC as a loaner for a weekend several years ago, when I drove down to central Ohio with some friends. We all agreed that it could have used more headroom, especially in the rear seats. I also found I had to duck my head a bit in order to get into the driver's seat - it was either that or get bonked by the upper door frame.
EDIT: BTW, I hope they put a better-quality analog clock in the U.S. model. The clock in my '14 Wolfsburg Edition slows down on hot summer days. When I mentioned that to the service rep at the dealership, he said it was a common complaint about the U.S. Passats, and it couldn't be fixed. VW solved that problem by removing the analog clock from the '18 Passat. I know because I looked at one while my car was in for service last weekend.

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
I also like it, but it's easily a $35-40K car with the options I want vs the $25-30K for a Tiquan S 4mo. The Arteon is a large car with great performance potential while the Tiquan is nearly the exact same size as my Passat wagon but does not have the performance potential I need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts