Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if anyone has this same issue, when first starting out the brakes do a very good job of stopping the car as soon as you press the brake pedal. I cannot seem to modulate the braking action at all when the brakes are cold. This is especially noticeable, for example, when pulling the car into the garage. If I put the aca away immediately after coming home, I can modulate the braking action and glide it into place. However, if the car sits and cools down, lets just say for sake of discussion, overnight outside [regardless of weather] when I drive the car into the driveway it is difficult to control the forward motion smoothly, can't modulate smoothly, breaking action is jerky. This even happens i I wait for the engine RPM to stabilize after warning up a but. Car has less than 25K, dealer says there is nothing wrong, this is normal. Could change brake pads, but not sure if that is even the issue. Discs do not appear to be rusty or have developed any sort of film after sitting.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,228 Posts
I would say pads. It's happened to me a few times over the years. It wouldn't be warranty though. You could go to your local auto parts store and get a middle of the road quality pad and swap them out. Should only take a few minutes per side if you are handy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts