Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
clemclan is offline.
1,057 Posts
The driving can be spirited or more sedate depending on your preferences and it's fun either way (the radios permit the group to better stay together and meet up enroute and at destinations). This was my 1st TOTD GTG and I had similar concerns about how the driving would suit my preferences, especially since some of the folks have some serious HP, suspension, and brake setups on tap and I was bringing a bone stock Mazda3. But everyone was completely outstanding. Definitely some spirited driving, some was relaxed just getting to/from a sight-seeing destination, and some was somewhere in between. Keith made the most spot-on comment about the event to me when he said that I'd really get to know the character of my car by the end of the GTG.

And if anyone said a single word about politics during the entire GTG, I missed it. A short vacation from this toxic election cycle as well - what a wonderful bonus to a weekend that was all about the cars and the people who attended!

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,997 Posts
Nope, no politics that I heard, which was awesome. It was totally a cars, brews and cooked meat weekend. Sign me up for next year again.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I've finally got around to exporting and processing some of the road video I captured. I have a handfull of files my little Mac Mini is claiming "More than 4 hours" to convert each of them. This may take a few days. :rolleye:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts