Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am now on my 4th Diesel car. First was a Mercedes 5 cylinder 300cd coupe. A pig on fuel !!!
Then a 1995 Passat TD which was written off and replaced with another 1995 at the time.
Then a 2002 Jetta TDI
May 31st a 2015 Passat Highline, Candy White. Had 9,000km on the clock when I got it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I should add that the car is still stock and will be for some time since I don't want to jeopardize my warranty.
After all this Dieselgate crap is over and the dealer has done what they are going to do I want a tune job done.
Hated the stock H7 headlight bulbs and now have Sylvania zXe bulbs on low beam and Sylvania Ultra on high beam.
Have four Osram H7 80 watt ralley bulbs coming.
Changed all interior bulbs over to LED's.
Made a number of changes with VCDS too. Now fog lamps and high beams can be on at the same time. Can now roll windows up and down with remote including the sunroof.
Bumped voltage to headlights and tail lights from original to 13.2 volt which makes the bulbs a bit brighter yet.
Enabled TPMS to show icon in the instruments.
Still trying to set up "Staging" which spins the speedo and RPM needles full right and back to starting point. Need more info for Passat VCDS settings. Golf settings don't work.
Same for AUTO recirculation which closes fresh air if outside smells are sensed. Need better VCDS info for that too.
Saw a neat thing where the speedo and RPM needles change color if you go over speed limits from yellow to red. Also more info needed for those settings. It may even rquire a new module?
YouTube link for this mod

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomorrow, Friday going in to have the windows tinted, 30% all around. I still want to be able to see and not have some boy in blue tell me to remove the tint.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed two high powered CREE LED DRL bulbs. Two ways of getting at these bulbs. Through a small flap in the fender liner, getting the bulb out one handed while you contort your body backwards and re-installing the new bulb one handed. Then the chance of getting the polarity right for the LED is 50-50. If it's wrong you have to remove the bulb and flip it over. Do that twice and your repertoire of swear words will use up every one you know.

Believe it or not, it is easier to remove the grill. Then remove each headlight housing and the bulbs are a lot easier to install. Now if you have better bulbs for the foglights you can now also install them.
Three self tapping screws hold the grill and seven screws for each headlight housing.

Instructions How to, can be found on the internet.

While I was in the working mood I also installed four mudflaps, rear ones have the Passat name.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts