Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Passat sport with radio issues. When I bought the car I had the dealer install a factory remote starter. The blue tooth stopped working after that so they took about a month to replace the bluetooth module, remote starter and radio. Finally an enginer from VW figured out the issue. Fast foward 13 months and the radio turns off and on on its own. I pulled the radio and noticed the radio had a remanufactured sticker on it. I checked the fuse on the back of the radio and it appears fine. Any suggestions to what is causing this issue? Kinda pissed the dealer installed a used radio. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can relate to your frustration. I have a 2014 Passat SEL v6 aka Premium in which the RNS 510 NAV unit went south. Dealer said "sorry we cant warranty it, you are on your own. 24 months later the unit rebooted on its own, the next day it stopped working. all the lights ( at night) would flash on and off. I parted with 800 dollars on eBay, replaced the unit myself, thought I had the seller code it properly ( back up cam, Fender audio, etc) and come to find out I still have bluetooth not working ( seperate module) which I replaced (from eBay) and wa-la! SAME issue - no bluetooth, thus I am VCDS Ross-tech shopping now. Ive seen eBay sellers "rent for 15/week with 270 dollars collateral, but after reading your post I realize that my remote start key fob isnt working, blue tooth swap didnt do what I had hoped, thus I am thinking I am likely going to keep my money and accept good things dont last forever. BUT the radio not working.....that was one I had bite the bullet and replace. (no backup cam, no audio, no NAV). I feel the radio is doing a warm reboot. In my case the internals (hard drive, motherboard, etc.) was faulty, even had VW dealership call it an "internal fault we cant fix/warranty). Read many posts on faulty RNS 510 and many dealerships not covering. I did attempt to hard boot my unit several times, but no change (thus the cost of replacement). 1200 + at dealership, $800 on eBay. Yours may be less hopefully if that is the route you are left with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Passat. FENDER AUDIO, NAV and Backup Camera. Seemed to always have radio issues. Taking a long time to boot up etc. I spoke to the dealership, and they said its cold and takes a minute to warm up, but somedays when its cold it would start up right away. No out of 10 starts, it only works maybe 2 times. The FENDER and VW LOGO just come up, then it seems to try and reset and same issue, over and over and over again. Dealership in Canada quoted $3300.00 for a replacement! How is this fair?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just replace it with the retro fit kit and you’ll have CarPlay and android auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts