Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

by Aaron Gold

According to the automakers, entry-level luxury is the hot new segment, and the all-new A3 sedan is Audi's entry. Audi says the A3 will offer German presence and German road manners, but with a very un-German price: $30,795, including destination charge, about what you'd pay for a nicely-equipped Honda Accord. With a price that cheap, we were eager to find out of the A3 is a real Audi or just a watered-down wannabe.

Driving Dynamics That Deserve the Audi Badge

We've come to love Audis for the way they go down the road and our first priority was to see if the A3 drives like a proper Audi -- and man oh man, does it ever. We spent the bulk of our time in the 2.0T model, which features Audi's two-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine and Quattro all-wheel-drive. The 220 horsepower rating is deceptive; it's the 258 lb-ft of torque, delivered flat from 1,600 RPM to 4,400 RPM, that gives the A3 its scoot -- 0-60 in 5.8 seconds according to Audi, which feels about right to us. Sadly, there's no stick-shift available, but the A3 comes with the next best thing: the six-speed S-Tronic dual-clutch automatic, which does its usual fine job of serving up the right gears for both relaxed and aggressive driving. Unfortunately, A3s without the Sport Package lack paddle shifters, so overriding the tranny means taking your hands off the steering wheel.
Read the complete 2015 Audi A3 Review at AutoGuide.com

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,625 Posts
I didn't say it sucked i just said no deal. I'd rather drive a car than push buttons like a video game.

I bought my current R because it has a MT and after 60k miles I'm still glad I did. Personal choice is all.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
i went to the launch party at the audi dealership here for the new a3 and i was not impressed.
its a decent looking car but some of the interior is not what i expected. and its like a slightly smaller version of the B5. definitely not a car i would purchase.
but that new A6 though.... thats another story.

also it seems like audi is not really making many manual transmission cars anymore. 90% of the cars on their lot were automatics. if not 95%.
really a shame.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I didn't say it sucked i just said no deal. I'd rather drive a car than push buttons like a video game.

I bought my current R because it has a MT and after 60k miles I'm still glad I did. Personal choice is all.
Wow, you sure misread my comment. I was making no comment on your choice only that I ended up not hating DSG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts