Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Passat TDI 83k miles,, sisters car - she drove through high water - now it's not shifting from 1st to 2nd smooth, she took it to local dealer they told her it was the Camshaft sensor, they replace it - surprise that didn't fix the shifting problem!
dealership now telling her It's a Bad Transmission" $5400.00 for new transm. $2500 for used Just don't trust dealer
Could it be the Transmission Control Unit (? under passenger floor carpet ) since it got wet
sister says the shifting problem only start after driving the car for 18-20 miles...?

please help

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,445 Posts
That's the DSG transmission right? Surprised they didn't tell you the mechatronics unit was bad. I'd get a second opinion. In TX, I guess? Give us a location and maybe a member can recommend a shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello Woody TX did your sister ever find the issue or did she have to get a new transmission? That's the same thing that happened to my 2014 passat se went thru some high water thank god no water in the motor but my transmission like jerks or vibrates a little from 1st to 2nd if i rev it higher it wont do it. Any help would be appreciated to be able to point me in the right direction. thank u

1 - 3 of 3 Posts