Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,473 Posts
I think you can reboot the unit by pressing and holding "<", ">" and "*" buttons on it (hold for a few seconds until you see the system reboot).

Also, you can disconnect the battery and then while disconnected, hold power button down for at least 30 seconds to drain last bit of power out of the system

I THINK yours is an RNS-510 radio. You could also try checking and updating the firmware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get this working? If not give me a shout. I can most likely get you through it.
Cheers
Hello
My radio has been doing the same thing. The hard reset never worked and updating any software is not possible. Do you have any other suggestions? Replacing it would be around 800 just for the radio so I’m trying to explore options on trying to fix this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

New here and to the Passat world, both literally and figuratively. Radio will not work but my bluetooth will connect but no sound. Here is what my screen looks like.
same exact problem i’m having with 2014 tdi sel premium , also my ac dosent blow cold air. having a feeling it’s an issue with some type of fuse

·
Registered
13 Posts
Typically a firmware update will resolve the stereo issues. Flip me a message if you'd like to try that.
I can't comment on the A/C issue, add some more details about whether the a/c compressor clutch engages, do you see the revs increase at idle when you turn on the A/C, is there a leak in the system anywhere etc?
Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
same exact problem i’m having with 2014 tdi sel premium , also my ac dosent blow cold air. having a feeling it’s an issue with some type of fuse
I have the same exact car and I am having the same exact problem! Did you ever figure out how to get this fixed? I am desperate at this point! I have been living with this for over 3 years now. I have taken it to 2 different VW dealerships and neither of them could figure it out. I don’t understand how that is possible?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same exact car and I am having the same exact problem! Did you ever figure out how to get this fixed? I am desperate at this point! I have been living with this for over 3 years now. I have taken it to 2 different VW dealerships and neither of them could figure it out. I don’t understand how that is possible?
Hello

New here and to the Passat world, both literally and figuratively. Radio will not work but my bluetooth will connect but no sound. Here is what my screen looks like.
Did you ever figure out what the issue is? Mine is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Typically a firmware update will resolve the stereo issues. Flip me a message if you'd like to try that.
I can't comment on the A/C issue, add some more details about whether the a/c compressor clutch engages, do you see the revs increase at idle when you turn on the A/C, is there a leak in the system anywhere etc?
Cheers!
My radio is basically doing the same thing as everyone else is describing. The power is running to it. The logo for the Fender system shows up. The CD disc will work as to loading and unloading it. It seems as to the system not initializing as the screen will go black and then the Fender logo will come back on. Then out of the blue, the radio, nav, rear camera, will just start working out of the blue. It will keep working until I turn the car off. If I turn the car off, and push the power button, the radio system will turn on and keep working. If I leave for 5 minutes and come back and restart the car, with the radio playing, it will keep working. If I turn off the car, and let the radio turn off, and come back 10 minutes later, it doesn't work. The radio may not work for weeks, and then work again, and then won't work for weeks again. Has any come up with a fix for this problem?
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheers!
Can you assist me resolving my radios issue? It started 3 days ago. It power cycles every 3-4 mins with no end. Boot cycle never seems to occur and the logo never displays. All the buttons light up and the screen flickers and then it repeats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Passat. FENDER AUDIO, NAV and Backup Camera. Seemed to always have radio issues. Taking a long time to boot up etc. I spoke to the dealership, and they said I probably have an internal wire issue and should just replace it.. The FENDER and VW LOGO just come up, then it seems to try and reset and same issue, over and over and over again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Passat. FENDER AUDIO, NAV and Backup Camera. Seemed to always have radio issues. Taking a long time to boot up etc. I spoke to the dealership, and they said I probably have an internal wire issue and should just replace it.. The FENDER and VW LOGO just come up, then it seems to try and reset and same issue, over and over and over again.
Thats what its done since Ive owned it. (~9 mths) now it does nothing and a 170-80 mile commute every day is not fun without a stereo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you assist me resolving my radios issue? It started 3 days ago. It power cycles every 3-4 mins with no end. Boot cycle never seems to occur and the logo never displays. All the buttons light up and the screen flickers and then it repeats.
I suppose I should have added its a SEL Premium.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,473 Posts
@jayski99 was mentioning a firmware update, above. I'd try to message them for details as they offered to another member.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, sorry for anyone I may have missed messages from here. I for whatever reason am not getting notified there are updates to the thread.
Please feel free to email me:
jayski99 atttttttt hotmail dottttttt com
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jay was correct! I was skeptical a firmware update would fix it but its better than ever now!

Thanks Jay!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts