Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd post upcoming track days in the most dead section of the forum. You guys should really try to find your way on a road course, it's the best way to experience your cars. I'll update this every few weeks but here's the next 3 months out for most major clubs. Format is Beg Date, End Date, Track, Club. Most registration will be done through motorsportreg.com. Few PCA clubs host on clubregistration.net. NASA, Loose Nut, and LooseNut are down on their respective websites.

For those who are "new" to track days, see my thread here. Lots of good info for beginners on how to get started.

March
3/14 3/16 VIR - Full PCA Zone 2
3/21 3/23 VIR - Full NASA MA
3/22 3/22 Lime Rock Park SCDA
3/22 3/23 NJMP - Thunder PCA Schattenbaum
3/22 3/22 Summit - Jefferson PCA Potomac
3/28 3/29 NJMP Light / Thunder HOD NE
3/29 3/29 Lime Rock Park NASA NE

April
4/4 4/4 Lime Rock Park PCA Hudson Champlain
4/4 4/6 NJMP - Light NASA NE
4/5 4/5 Lime Rock Park PCA Hudson Champlain
4/5 4/6 NJMP - Thunder TT4C
4/5 4/6 Summit - Jefferson CCA Del Val
4/5 4/6 Summit - Main NASA MA
4/5 4/6 Summit - Main PCA Potomac
4/7 4/7 Lime Rock Park SCDA
4/7 4/7 NJMP - Light Northeast Track Days
4/7 4/8 NJMP - Thunder CCA NJ
4/8 4/8 Lime Rock Park PCA Hudson Valley
4/9 4/10 Lime Rock Park PCA NNJR
4/12 4/13 NHMS PCA NCR
4/18 4/19 Summit - Main PCA Schattenbaum
4/18 4/18 NHMS CCA White Mountain
4/20 4/20 NJMP - Thunder CCA NY
4/20 4/20 NJMP - Thunder TT4C
4/21 4/21 NJMP - Thunder CCA NY
4/21 4/21 NHMS Northeast Track Days
4/25 4/27 VIR - Full CCA Tarheel
4/28 4/29 NJMP Light / Thunder PCA NNJR
4/28 4/29 Watkins Glen NASA NE

May
5/1 5/1 Lime Rock Park SCDA
5/2 5/4 VIR - Full NASA MA
5/2 5/4 Watkins Glen CCA GVC
5/7 5/8 Watkins Glen PCA Hudson Champlain
5/9 5/9 Lime Rock Park Loose Nut Motorsports
5/9 5/11 Watkins Glen PCA Allegheny
5/10 5/11 NHMS PCA NER
5/16 5/18 NJMP - Thunder NASA NE
5/17 5/18 Summit - Shenandoah Trackdaze
5/20 5/20 NHMS Northeast Track Days
5/26 5/26 NJMP - Light TT4C
5/26 5/27 Watkins Glen PCA Niagara
5/29 5/29 Lime Rock Park SCDA
5/31 6/1 Summit - Jefferson PCA Potomac
5/31 6/1 VIR - Full Trackdaze

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Oh sweet, I'll check out the registration sites. I'd love to get some action in the B5. Are you going to any? What do they run, approximately?
We are both in NJ as well ;) -John

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sweet, I'll check out the registration sites. I'd love to get some action in the B5. Are you going to any? What do they run, approximately?
We are both in NJ as well ;) -John
Hey John, I'll be doing 3/22-23 at NJMP and 4/18-19 at Summit Point both with PCA Schattenbaum.

Good to meet a fellow NJ resident. I'm all the way up in Bergen but NJMP should be fairly close to you. NJMP is in Millville, NJ and has 2 track configurations (Lightning and Thunderbolt). NJMP can be high as $599 for 2 days but that's why I say it's really important to choose the right club. PCA typically hosts events there in the low $300's which is why I stick with them. Also it helps if you live fairly close by since you don't need to spring for hotel fees.

Not sure if you read my FAQ but basically as long as the car's in good working order you have plenty of meat left on tires and pads you're good to go. It wouldn't hurt to do a brake flush with some high temp fluids though (ATE blue at very least but I prefer Motul 600). If you start doing more evens, you'll want to up the pads to a more aggressive compound but for your first event or two, stock is fine =)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Yes I did read your little FAQ section. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info!
I want to hit an event at NJMP, but it wouldn't be the one in March. That's the anniversary with my girl... She'd kill me, hahaha.

Brake fluid was flushed, coming up on 3 years ago now. Which is generally when it should be normally changed or a little sooner. I plan on doing that as well as freshening up the power steering fluid that is original... Also want to get some new OEM oil in the gearbox. It's all waiting for warmer weather though!
Currently have some EBC Redstuff pad all around on the car, so they would probably be good enough for my first track day.

My father has a bunch of motorcycle helmets. I'll have to check out if he has a full faced one that I could borrow. :)

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did read your little FAQ section. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info!
I want to hit an event at NJMP, but it wouldn't be the one in March. That's the anniversary with my girl... She'd kill me, hahaha.

Brake fluid was flushed, coming up on 3 years ago now. Which is generally when it should be normally changed or a little sooner. I plan on doing that as well as freshening up the power steering fluid that is original... Also want to get some new OEM oil in the gearbox. It's all waiting for warmer weather though!
Currently have some EBC Redstuff pad all around on the car, so they would probably be good enough for my first track day.

My father has a bunch of motorcycle helmets. I'll have to check out if he has a full faced one that I could borrow. :)
Make sure it's full faced + Snell 2010.

I'll probably start and finish the season at NJMP, in between I'll be doing Summit Point (W. Virginia) & Watkins (Update NY).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts