Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all a problem I have with my 2013 Passat 2.5L is that when I drop in "sport" mode hit the gas and I am limited to rev no higher than 4000 RPM. If I do this EPC light comes on, then the accelerator goes wonky! I lose power. Scary to lose engine power when passing. I'm sure others have had this problem. Please help!

Best regards and thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I had a similar issue where EPC light came on about 5months ago; I ended up having to change my throttle body. I tried the taking it off and cleaning it thing but that did not work. I look on amazon a new one was priced at 200$ the delivery time was a few days out which is when I got the idea to look up local junkyard to see if any was available. Found one for 40$ out the door and figure why not give it a try? They pulled it for me so by the time I got there I was able to pick up, pay and leave. Got back home; slapped it on and the intake manifold and the car have been running fine ever since. The new throttle body I saw on amazon is still sitting in my cart to this day. I don't have a VAG so I wasn't able to do anything with the throttle body as per recommended but as I said it has been driving great ever since so...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts