Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right headlight bulb burned out, I thought to buy one set of new halogen bulbs on Amazon. I found LED bulbs are very popular. I'd like to try LED bulbs. So, I google "VW Passat led headlight bulb change", and watched Youtube videos. Then, I bought one set of LED bulbs, and installed them myself

1. Remove the headlight dust cover to reach the halogen bulb, then twist it out
1 2013 passat headlight bu;b.jpg

The retainer holder and halogen bulb H7
2.jpg

The headlight housing socket
3-passat.jpg

Halogen bulb vs Led bulb
3.jpg

Completed the installation
5.jpg

7 passat led headlight bulb.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about the alignment motor for the HID bulb? I thought that there was a major amperage difference between the two types of systems?

OH! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The difference is that the HID bulb produces light by passing electricity through ionized xenon gas at high pressure. So, the HID bulb comes with a big ballast.
Haha :) No worries.
I changed my stock turn signals to LEDs, and I will share a new post soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the alignment motor for the HID bulb? I thought that there was a major amperage difference between the two types of systems?

OH! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!
HID bulb comes with a big ballast, which makes HID bulb light up. This LED bulb is a built-in driver, all-in-one design. I think LED bulb is easier to install than HID bulb.
The major difference between HID and LED is the working principles, and installation process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The right headlight bulb burned out, I thought to buy one set of new halogen bulbs on Amazon. I found LED bulbs are very popular. I'd like to try LED bulbs. So, I google "VW Passat led headlight bulb change", and watched Youtube videos. Then, I bought one set of LED bulbs, and installed them myself

1. Remove the headlight dust cover to reach the halogen bulb, then twist it out
View attachment 90425

The retainer holder and halogen bulb H7
View attachment 90427

The headlight housing socket
View attachment 90433

Halogen bulb vs Led bulb
View attachment 90435

Completed the installation
View attachment 90437

View attachment 90429
Did you also convert your high beams? I've got the lows to LED but I want to do the same to the high beams but I can't get them to fit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts