Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if these will fit, they are 18"x8, 57.1 Center Bore with a +41 offset. I think they will, however what would be a reasonable size tire to run without throwing the speedo off too much, and preventing rubbing?

·
Registered
26,288 Posts
They should fit great. For tires, a 225/40/18 will be the correct size for the speedo and should not rub. You might be able to go with a 235/40/18 if you have a B5.5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks, I was concerned about the offset as I do not really want to use spacers. I was also watching a set of 18x8 et 48 Audi B8 wheels which I was told would need a 10mm hub-centric spacer in order to fit. Same tire size as you mentioned. I guess the et41 offset must just fit and that extra 7mm on the et48 wheels cause interference issues?

·
Registered
26,288 Posts
The B5 had 45mm offset, the B5.5 had 37 (or so), but the B5.5 has bigger wheel wells and can fit a larger tire up front. With the wider width, the high offset of a 48et wheel would rub on the inner fender liner. I think the B5 Passat looks best with a 35et, no excess camber or stretch needed. Not sure how high the B5.5 could go to equal that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts