Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I'd like to think I'm no dummy, but I can't find the cord. Living in Canada it's absurd to think it wouldn't have a block heater....It's a Canadian car too. 2010 Passat Wagon highline 2.0l. I've google the crap out out of the subject and it looks like they didn't have any...TO ME THIS IS VERY STUPID.

OK...I'm done ranting. What are my options....plug heater? recirc heather?....don't want to do belly pan heater. Does VW have a part #? Am I forced into aftermarket?

My car will be on a lift shortly to have the water pump replaced....I should get it all done at the same time.

Hope to get some advice ...

S.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, there does not appear to be a block heater option for these cars (I've owned both the 2.0T, and the 3.6 VR6). There's no room in the engine castings for a heater, either.

All of your options are some sort of aftermarket retrofit, cobble in a European parking heater (very involved project), or slap on an Audi oil pan heater, according to what I remember from researching this last winter.

If there are other options, I am unaware of them.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
OK...I'd like to think I'm no dummy, but I can't find the cord. Living in Canada it's absurd to think it wouldn't have a block heater....It's a Canadian car too. 2010 Passat Wagon highline 2.0l. I've google the crap out out of the subject and it looks like they didn't have any...TO ME THIS IS VERY STUPID.

OK...I'm done ranting. What are my options....plug heater? recirc heather?....don't want to do belly pan heater. Does VW have a part #? Am I forced into aftermarket?

My car will be on a lift shortly to have the water pump replaced....I should get it all done at the same time.

Hope to get some advice ...

S.
VW here in Europe has an option for Scandinavian cars to have the plugin heater.

It’s made by Defa, maybe it’s available to you there as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems that everything that comes up is for the TDi.... Gas engines need warming up too lol... It gets REAL cold in Whitehorse, Yukon... Like weeks of - 35°C at a time in winter...

Anyone have luck with lower radiator hose heater?

Anyone installed an inline recirculating heater?... On a gas engine? Where did you mount it?

S.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
https://www.proheatproducts.com/

Doing some digging, as I am not as cold as some of you, but we do routinely have a week or two of mid -30s.

I am thinking of possibly ordering the two piece 4.5-12 quart set and slapping on on the oil pan and one on the tranny (assuming the line is long enough) and/or the battery pad as another option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts