Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, on my way to work, I experienced a very rough start on my 2008 2.0T (approx 60,000 miles on it). It was about 30 degrees out, and the car had been off for over 12 hours. I turned on the car and immediately the engine was shaking a LOT. I tapped the gas pedal and the MIL light started blinking. After less than of a minute of letting this happen it just went back to a normal idle, and drove 100% normally on my way to work.

I have searched through the forums to see if this is common (common causes ranged from spark plugs to cat converters), so some background:
I just had the spark plugs replaced <1 month ago, <1000 miles
I just passed NYS Emissions Inspection < 1 week ago.

The car is running totally normally today, and I have not have problems like this in the past. I have not had any codes read yet, but the MIL light is off now. This could just be random, but if not, I would like to narrow down the cause.

Anyone have any ideas? suggestions?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Your battery is weak/dying and likely needs to be replaced. Have it tested at Autozone/O'Reilys or what ever part store you have in your area

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to autozone to get the battery tested. The tech didn't say much, just said to drive the car to charge it up, which makes me think the battery did not have proper voltage, which makes me also think the battery is weak, being that I had been driving it a while before getting it tested. Does this sounds like a reasonable assumption?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts