Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Interesting chart. It looks like the 3.6 is going to be strictly reserved for the "Sport"...er "VR6" package grouping. It's also a bit curious that there is no mention of where the 4MO option fits into these packages; will it again be reserved for mating to the 3.6 only? Also, as the Owner of an '06 Lux1 4MO with AFS Bi-Xenons, I'd be very disappointed that I couldn't get the adaptive headlight system (which is absolutely great!) without buying into the harsher sport setup on the B6. Oh well, I'll probably have to be content with switching allegiance to a 5xi-Series...:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've sat in the sport package (V6) today. I liked the side bolstering, but the seats were not as comfortable as the standard seats. Not even close. Heck, they were not even as comfortable as in my 2002 Acura RSX, though these were designed by Recaro (not Recaro seats, but basically a Recaro design) so it's not really a fair comparison.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Excuse me if I'm missing something here, but what models will be available/no available in a 6 speed manual?

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Itsn't this really the list for the UK? I wonder what will really come across the pond. No sunroof for 2.0T? No dual climate controls for 2.0T? VW will get killed by the competition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just saw this today.Is this really the US changes starting soon?We might be buying in the fall but if all these are true Im either looking for an '07 2.0T manual with sport package or buying a different brand.It looks like all the features you can get on an '07 kinda cheap just got moved up the line.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't beleive 07 models are being produced anymore, tho i'm sure the dealers still have some on the lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like Im buying a used '07 in the fall.I cant buy now because we're waiting to see what my insurance settlement looks like.Maybe we can find a leftover sport package 2.0T come time.To me this makes no sense compared to the 06 and 07 options and availability on models.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
At least both the sedan and wagon will still be available with a 6MT, even if it is only the base 2.0T model.:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts