Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this car has developed a no start condition. I dont have access to a vagcom to run the codes right now but I'm 90% sure its a fueling problem.

The car will crank but never start. If Im lucky I can get a sec of run time. I started at the in-tank pump because thats the last thing to be replaced. I can hear the pump prime on key in. I took the line off the fuel pump and notice fuel run out very slowly. I wonder could this be a bad pump or something else like the FCM

·
Registered
89 Posts
So this car has developed a no start condition. I dont have access to a vagcom to run the codes right now but I'm 90% sure its a fueling problem.

The car will crank but never start. If Im lucky I can get a sec of run time. I started at the in-tank pump because thats the last thing to be replaced. I can hear the pump prime on key in. I took the line off the fuel pump and notice fuel run out very slowly. I wonder could this be a bad pump or something else like the FCM
What engine?

Could also be the steeringwheel lock mechanism that is defective.

Happens a lot here in Europe on the B6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
before you have it towed to dealer,are you familiar will problems with the high pressure fuel pump for the direct cylinder fuel injection? they are prone to failure,if not familiar with it or its operation don't crank until you inspect it.......easy to replace (right up front,no crawling around) and relatively cheap if no damage has occurred, and upgrade kits are available also. VW improved design mid 08.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.