Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Wondered if anyone has had the same issue. Recently I purchased a 2006 Passat B6 2.0t from my niece. It was broken down and I needed a vehicle. I was able to fix the car and get it running. I noticed that after the car warms up, it shifts hard. I did read other posts that this could be the valve body.

Has anyone else replaced theirs and who did you buy from? I was told mine is the 09G with part number 09G325039BX.

When I look for the BX online, its limited. There are allot of others. Do you know of others that will fit this vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
how many miles? any transmission service records?.....most of the time this "hard " shifting is due to low fluid level. before I would consider a tranny replacement I would do a tranny service (filter and fluid change), easy to do from an experience level, just be methodical and follow protocols, as a sidebar to this reply, you say "when it is warmed up" there is a thermostat within the tranny, and not sure where the cooling radiator is for an 06 but fluid (after a certain temp.) gets pumped into the system to heat exchangers, tranny fluid radiators etc., , so if low ,once up to temp , it becomes even lower. Depending on your geographic area. rust belt etc. a common leak point are the connections between tranny radiator and hoses coming from the heat transfer unit. (drivers side , bottom corner of radiator)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought new solenoids and installed them and its shifting perfectly now
Nice. Where did you get the solenoids from? I have an 06 Passat, sometimes is slips shifting from 2nd to 3rd mainly and sometimes it jerks when it shifts. Sometimes it worse, sometimes not so bad... I've gone thru verified the transmission level using VCDS between 35 and 45 deg C. It's at correct level... I'm debating if I should just replace solenoids, entire valve body or just rebuild the entire transmission... it's been doing it for about 2 years now... the car had 165k miles... other than the tranny slipping it's in good shape overall...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was looking at a video for rebuilding 09G transmissions. At some point he mentioned there is a new version solenoid valves. The ones you got look like the new version solenoid valves. Also did you need to replace any gaskets, other than pan gasket? But, wow $129. Yea, I'll probably just replace the solenoids first if that dont work then plan on pulling tranny and rebuild the whole thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are the older large solenoids. They have smaller updated ones but we’re like $325 on amazon. Only replaced the pan gasket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2007 with a "hard" shift as well after about 15 mins of stop and go driving. This is my first car where I cant quite check the transmission fluid level with ease. Hoping its just a matter of low fluid or a possible filter change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts