Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Wondered if anyone has had the same issue. Recently I purchased a 2006 Passat B6 2.0t from my niece. It was broken down and I needed a vehicle. I was able to fix the car and get it running. I noticed that after the car warms up, it shifts hard. I did read other posts that this could be the valve body.

Has anyone else replaced theirs and who did you buy from? I was told mine is the 09G with part number 09G325039BX.

When I look for the BX online, its limited. There are allot of others. Do you know of others that will fit this vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
how many miles? any transmission service records?.....most of the time this "hard " shifting is due to low fluid level. before I would consider a tranny replacement I would do a tranny service (filter and fluid change), easy to do from an experience level, just be methodical and follow protocols, as a sidebar to this reply, you say "when it is warmed up" there is a thermostat within the tranny, and not sure where the cooling radiator is for an 06 but fluid (after a certain temp.) gets pumped into the system to heat exchangers, tranny fluid radiators etc., , so if low ,once up to temp , it becomes even lower. Depending on your geographic area. rust belt etc. a common leak point are the connections between tranny radiator and hoses coming from the heat transfer unit. (drivers side , bottom corner of radiator)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts