Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm officially old, and I'm having a tough time driving my Passat at night. The red information is blurry and the blue ones are clear. When I put on my reading glasses, it's reversed. Weird.:crazy:

Now if I could have the local paper print their rag in the same format as VW's blue dashboard I could read it without searching for my glasses...

:lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ok, I'm officially old, and I'm having a tough time driving my Passat at night. The red information is blurry and the blue ones are clear. When I put on my reading glasses, it's reversed. Weird.:crazy:

Now if I could have the local paper print their rag in the same format as VW's blue dashboard I could read it without searching for my glasses...

:lol:
that must suck.....given everything are those 2 colors, lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've had 3 VWs since the "new" blue/red lights came about. While they certainly look cool, I'm officially in Pesticidal's age bracket (e.g. "old")...49 coming up in June to be speficic, and I need reading glasses. I had a 2002 Accord tucked somewhere in between those VWs, and while the white-on-black gauges and dash lights did not look anywhere as cool, they were more readable; I could put my half-reading glasses on, and see both the gauges and the road clearly.

I note that Audi has switched back to white-on-black for the main dials from all-red for dials and gauges. As a premium brand, one supposes they reach out to an older demographic, namely people who have "arrived". Hmm, may be since the Passat appeals to more or less the same demographic (but with lower ego emissions :) ), perhaps the Passat should offer white-on-black, or like some cars, the ability to switch colour schemes?

I've also noted that glare bothers me more now. I am especially intolerant of clods who don't dim their lights, misaligned headlights, poorly designed DOT headlights, and HIDs that are misaimed, on SUVs, or bounce around going over bumps. Which pretty much means most oncoming traffic. It's reached the point that where once I used to love night driving, I now try to avoid it.

Don't get me going on the dim red floodlighting in the cockpits of most older general aviation aircraft. I used to love night flying too...

Getting old sucks, but get used to it :( because it beats the alternative :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts