Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a new TDI owner. Got my 2005 passat with 82k last week. So far it has been running well until today. I was driving to the dog park and the car started to act weird. First off, it was starting a little hard. Next, it was struggling to make any power and didnt want to shift. I had to move it to manual mode to get it to shift. It would still drive, just didnt make power. I turned it off and back on and everything seemed fine again. I turned around and drove home (just a couple miles each way) and popped the hood to see if anything was amiss. Strangely, the section above the MAF sensor on the airbox was melted and caved in. Also, there was minor melting on the air intake tube. I couldnt see anything else. took apart the airbox and inspected the inside and the MAF doesnt look damaged or melted. Its only the outside of the box above the sensor. The tube for the MAF doesnt look damaged. It seems like maybe something on the EGR failed but I cant tell what. Any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you check for any exhaust leaks at the manifold or turbo? that's 2 heat sources in that general area i can think of right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts