Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the parts code number for the 2 white o-rings on the wiring harness plug?

New parts person at dealship. Big sigh.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Described in ETKA as round seal but no size given which is unusual. 01V927322A for automatic 5 speed transmission. You'll need two. The harness and its seals are listed in electric not transmission that may be why he didn't find it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks cchief22 & passat03wagon! I got the seals from the dealership once I could give them the correct part number. No other source close to me in Canada it seems.

I also laid out some $$$$ for the "real VW" transmission pan gasket. It leaked like a sieve. I put it in dry and cleaned the heck out of the transmission and the pan beforehand.All the holes lined up and I did the usual tightening sequence.

The one that came out had sealant on it and upon closer inspection it looks as if the pan has been repaired at some point. A big patch weld on the bottom. Maybe the pan is twisted or something.

Is there a sealant that can be used safely?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pan does not lay flat. I finally put it on a piece of glass to check and it is warped. Finding a replacement where I am is out of the question.

So, is there a sealant that will work?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I prefer Victor Reinz "Reinzosil" silicone, not as "rubbery" for lack of a better term. As to pans I see alot of aftermarkets out there.....

·
Registered
27,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I had an old pan but gave it away long ago. They are super common here in the yards around Denver and if I was going to a yard soon I'd pick one up for you, but alas, all my Passat's are running flawlessly at the moment ;)

You might be able to find one on ebay or something but shipping to Canada could get expensive.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
but alas, all my Passat's are running flawlessly at the moment ;)
Now you've went and said it.
I give it a week and you'll have a CEL on your hands. :lol:

But seriously, cherish these rare times.

Reactions: cchief22

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If past history is any guide it will be a few more months. They the mice will move into the car that sits under the cover and start doing their dirty work....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts