Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bow: Gone, gone, gone...

:b5: :thumbup: I was checking out the dealer lots yesterday, has anyone else noted that the 2004 Passats appear to have gotten an interior fabric/seat cover change? The much disliked ("what were they thinking") fuzzy velour on the seats and the elbow areas on the door panels is gone, replaced by what looks like a much more durable kind of fabric material. The new material is still called "velour" according to the window stickers on the cars I saw this on. This definitely was not a changeover at the beginning of the 04 model year, because sitting right beside the few new interiored B5's were some 2004 old fuzzy interior cars. No indication on the stickers that anything had actually changed. Apologies if this has been discussed. I did a search on interiors and didn't see it mentioned.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dublinb5.5 said:
If memory serves me, they switched to a leatherette mid year when the 2004.5's came out (blinkers on mirrors)
"leatherette"?
You mean this was a replacement for the NON-leather Passat interiors? Interesting if true, the dealer I visited had about 20 old-style velour interior cars as compared to just 3 of these newer material interiors--which is why I thought the changeover was very recent. (The new interiors I saw didn't look anything like leather at all, didn't get a chance to sit in or touch as the dealer was closed).

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I am so glad they changed the cloth interior... I HATED the other cloth pattern and material with a passion!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Can the RSE be retrofitted?
Hmm... Cullen?

-Gene

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
WOW!!! I like the RSE. Curious price tag or part number.

The things I notice about the 2004.5 are two things.
New colors. Saw on that was a burnt cherry almost purple at my dealer.
Navi or Triplex antennas. I guess they are standard on these now even without Navi.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone know when the changeover date occured? This is clearly a mid-model year changeover since as stated I found many 2004 models sitting next to one another (non leather interiors) with different interiors (nothing on the MSRP sticker to indicate that the interiors are/were different though).

Changeover date? Anyone actually got the new interior care to supply us with a few pics? (you'll know if you have the old non-leather interior... it's more of a soft and fuzzy velour that attracts dirt/dust & pen marks like a sponge. :p

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Has anyone else seen or driven in one of the "2004.5 B5s" with the new interior? They look different, I was just wonder what they feel like and if the quality looks of the new fabric hold up in regular daily use?
Yeah my friend just got one with the new interior... I think its a way nicer alternative to cloth, although still not as good as leather. What I really don't like is that they got rid of the side signal markers and instead have blinkers on the mirrors which makes the side of the car look naked. :crazy:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
therockshow182 said:
Yeah my friend just got one with the new interior... I think its a way nicer alternative to cloth, although still not as good as leather. What I really don't like is that they got rid of the side signal markers and instead have blinkers on the mirrors which makes the side of the car look naked. :crazy:
Really? Interesting, I was standing right next to the new models and didn't pay attention to this. I will have to check it out next time I go lurking (probably Sunday). I wonder if the sidemarker lights would be an easy retrofit install on our pre-2004 B5.5's?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OCTICK said:
WOW!!! I like the RSE. Curious price tag or part number.

The things I notice about the 2004.5 are two things.
New colors. Saw on that was a burnt cherry almost purple at my dealer.
Navi or Triplex antennas. I guess they are standard on these now even without Navi.
Burnt Cherry? Has anyone gotten ahold of a 2004.5 brochure? Sounds like it will have to have some major changes in it (previously they've just made minor updates -- there is no model year listed on the last few years of the brochures).

·
Registered
259 Posts
I Have

B5Marc said:
Has anyone else seen or driven in one of the "2004.5 B5s" with the new interior? They look different, I was just wonder what they feel like and if the quality looks of the new fabric hold up in regular daily use?
Hey People,

I had a loaner a few weeks back while a vaccum line was replaced on my 03 and speaking personally, I thought the seats were not only comfortable, but much more supportive. I asked the guy I deal with there if they made any ergonomic changes to the seats and he said they reworked them so they had a little more base and lateral support. You could feel it, especially in a tight turn. I hope this gives you an answer.

CB

·
Registered
453 Posts
interiors

Well the opted for 3 interiors configs. 1 cloth as everyone has seen 2. leatherete has tiny hole in it. And the "upgraded" package 3. Leather (what i have). I think everything is pretty much the same ???

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
24 Participants
citispot
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing