Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ive tried googling and stuff for this problem and just cant figure out what is the problem. Ive changed fuel filter, the 3 most common breather parts ( the T, valve and the plastic tube that goes to engine). My fuel trim numbers are very high. LTT maxed at +25% STT at 2k rpm jumps between +3% and +11%. When preasing throttle it has like a delayed feedback. First car slows down then Accelerates. Checked throttle position it was around 13% at idle. Is that normal?

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
Usually, it's one of the many vacuum connections on the motor. I would look at all of the plastic fittings (valves, check valves, and T fittings) as they tend to go before the actual vacuum lines. You can try spraying WD40 on each part and see if the engine speed increases. Another way to test is to pinch off some of the larger vacuum hoses and see if the idle improves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maxed out LT that gets better with higher RPM's is usually a sign of a dirty or faulty MAF sensor. Check your air filter and try cleaning the MAF. Good luck

·
Registered
2003 Passat GLS 1.8T MT
16 Posts
I don't know about the throttle body position, but if you're hitting the gas and there's a delay before acceleration that sure sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Have you checked the fuel pressure? When was the last time the injectors were serviced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maxed out LT that gets better with higher RPM's is usually a sign of a dirty or faulty MAF sensor. Check your air filter and try cleaning the MAF. Good luck
Car ran alot better with MAF disconnected. Both trims dropped to probably to base values. But when connected MAF back both went back high numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about the throttle body position, but if you're hitting the gas and there's a delay before acceleration that sure sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Have you checked the fuel pressure? When was the last time the injectors were serviced?
That i dont know. Not atleast over the few years ive owned the car

·
Registered
2003 Passat GLS 1.8T MT
16 Posts
Get some CRC MAF sensor cleaner. Removing the MAF sensor from the airbox is the only task that takes time, but not that difficult at all. Cleaning is done if minutes. It's an easy fix with immediate returns. Even if it needs to be replaced you should see some improvement after cleaning. Is so, you can then be the judge if cleaning was enough, or if replacing with new is the better long-term solution.

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
Generally, if it runs better with the MAF disconnected, it's shot. You can try to clean it, but I've never had much improvement cleaning them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts