Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I investigated the recalls on my passat through motortrend and found a couple that raise an eyebrow. I'm not the original owner and its an 03 with 68,000 miles...do I need to just take it to the dealership and have them run a check on it? will they even fix these problems with the car being almost 10 years old??

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
the recalls are likely to be out of date at this point. you can check with the dealership, and ask them to run a check on your VIN to see if the recalls were performed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i am too lazy to post the link,,but on vw.com or something similar,,you can put your VIN= vehicle identification number and volkswagon can tell if there are any outstanding recalls left to be done,,,it wont tell you what they had previously done,,its free and simple ,,just goolge or go to vw dot com,, or such,,someone ,will post it i am sure i are may come back and post,,good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
link --->
Recalls/Campaigns < Protection < Service, Parts, and Accessories < Volkswagen of America

Vehicle recall/campaign lookup.
We want to make owning a Volkswagen a great experience for every owner. When the occasional proactive service action or recall must be issued, we want to help you get the problem fixed so you can get right back out on the road without a hassle.

Enter your 17-character VIN (the Vehicle Identification Number found on the driver’s side of the dash) to see any recall/campaign information for your Volkswagen. Please enter your VIN exactly as it appears, using numbers and capital letters only; lower-case letters will not be recognized.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts