Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Leaking exactly from where? If you put all the o-rings properly and tighten the bolts according to spec then it should not leak. But again where is the leak from?
it feels like the bottom of the flange.i got somebody to come help me.next time the shop can do it im too old for this shit.

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,547 Posts
it feels like the bottom of the flange.i got somebody to come help me.next time the shop can do it im too old for this shit.
As was mentioned before, you need to completely clean the area where flange attaches to the body. Preferebly with a soft sand paper. No previous residue should remain there. Make sure the O-rings sits properly and then tighten the bolts. The coolant hoses have a locking pin. After you attache the hose to the flange you need to make sure that the pin is pushed enough to lock. This will prevent the hose from getting lose.

You have come so far and I think you are very close to successfully finish this job. You need to remain calm and proceed with a cool head.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
As was mentioned before, you need to completely clean the area where flange attaches to the body. Preferebly with a soft sand paper. No previous residue should remain there. Make sure the O-rings sits properly and then tighten the bolts. The coolant hoses have a locking pin. After you attache the hose to the flange you need to make sure that the pin is pushed enough to lock. This will prevent the hose from getting lose.

You have come so far and I think you are very close to successfully finish this job. You need to remain calm and proceed with a cool head.
IM FINALLY DONE THANK U TO EVERYONE WHO HELP ME.IM ALL BRUISED UP BUT MY BABY IS BACK ON THE ROAD.;)

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,547 Posts
IM FINALLY DONE THANK U TO EVERYONE WHO HELP ME.IM ALL BRUISED UP BUT MY BABY IS BACK ON THE ROAD.;)
Great! Glad you finally made it. Time for celebration.

Drink Corona Beer not to get Corona (y)

61 - 64 of 64 Posts