21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
263 Posts
For my conversion (W8 headlights from Junkyard put onto B5.5), I seem to remember that I cut off the W8 connectors from the donor car in the junkyard, then purchased new B5.5 headlight-side connector kit from a large commerce site on the internet. Making that adapter cable was the easiest part for me, I can easily put the original lights back in.

Can you tell me why I should put the W8 headlight switch in? It is my limited understanding that all it will do is turn off the halogen brights on the 2nd position, to give better details for aiming the HIDs. Assuming the headlight units are securely affixed in their position and the manual adjuster gears are all there and operational -- none of this is true for me right now.

I would still like to patch in the HID up/down motors with some limited function (I have the control box, but not the real axle level sensors), 3M polish out the cloudy plastic, get the manual adjusters working (most all the gears have fallen off), get the mounting points re-attached to the headlight bodies (they were already broken off before I got to them), and probably more stuff like that.

Still, I think it was a good upgrade for me. You should do it. But do it properly, not my way.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Have you thought about sending Mozzy a PM to pick his brain?
W8 Bixenon Headlights with Custom Made harness for B5.5...
No I haven't. I remember that name from my earlier days.
I only know a handful of people/members and what I can tap them for as far as specific info.

That's why this forum is so great, post something up, and someone comes running in with a bagful of info. (y)
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can you tell me why I should put the W8 headlight switch in?
I probably should've mentioned something about that.
Ultimately it was just a decision on my part because it gives me the flexibility of using the parking lights independent from the headlights.

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
782 Posts
IIRC, Matt Litke (Clusters by Litke on Facebook) sells the 12-10 pin adapters still. I think.
If you don't do FB, ping his gmail at clustersbylitke. He's pretty good about responding to things fairly quickly.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,746 Posts
Here ya go, AP. I’ll Ship out Monday. Got 2 pairs just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndreasPassat
21 - 27 of 27 Posts