Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help. I am trying to repair my sons car, as inexpensively as possible. I do not have vag-com, but willing to get if someone can tell me exactly what i need!

Here is what the car does (seemingly only when ambient air temp is above 73 (but does not happen every time it is above 73!):

Acts like fuel cuts out. Driving along and boom. stalls. Start up, dies immediately. If you rapidly pump the gas you can get the RPMs up, but have no control over the rpm range (can't hold say 4k rpm's). If you lightly let off gas (i mean VERY slowly) car will idle. Hit gas.... stalls. This can happen at any engine temp, cold, or hot. Let it sit until evening, runs like a top. No CEL light (at least now there isn't (was on, but fixed that somewhere through my part replacement).

Here are the parts replaced...
MAF Sensor
PCV Valve (was stuck, rupturing a diaphragm valve between air intake and intake (upper engine valve cover area))
Replaced said diaphragm valve 3 times
Throttle body (Ghetto TBA does work! Found out the hard way)
Battery (death apparently caused loss of TBA values)
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Fuel pressure regulator
coolant temp sensor
EGR Valve
Dismantled gas pedal assembly and cleaned... ohmed... potentiometer.

When it was acting up, I iced various components. Including the ECU with no change. Threw the bags of ice on injectors... and it started running great again! Hence, fuel rail assembly with injectors have been ordered.

Any ideas on anything else that could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh... Cash bonus to the person that can help me out the most! My son need this car running, my wifes' 2012 Camry is being tied up by him until his car is running. Hence, the wife ain't happy, I pay for it!

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
This isn't the right back to ask for help just so you're aware. Try posting this in the B5 Passat section, you'll have much better luck.

Welcome to the club! :salute:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts